Monday, April 26, 2004

Uh, Guys? This Isn't Helping Your Image...

There are so many things wrong with this story that I don't know where to start.

    "Two gay lovers took off most of their clothes, climbed up a tree in New York's Central Park and spent four hours engaging in sex acts and yelling abuse at police and firefighters.

    [...]

    The couple, described by officials as a 32-year-old transsexual with female breasts wearing a purple thong and a 17-year-old boy in white boxer shorts, were admitted to the hospital for psychiatric evaluation.

    At one point during the standoff in the larch tree -- an evergreen with pine-like needles -- the 32-year-old rejected a police officer's offer of a can of soda.

    "This is a Coke. I wanted vanilla Diet Pepsi," he was quoted as saying in newspaper reports."


I just wonder what kind of abuse they were yelling at the police. If I were a conspiracy-minded type, I would suspect that this was a stunt by the Evil Religious Right to discredit gays. But I don't think even they would go to the extreme of growing breats...

No comments: