Sunday, March 13, 2005

Joining the Insurgency

I have mentioned before that I don't like stating the obvious, but this seems to be a worthy cause to make an exception: the McCain-Feingold Insurrection. According to the rules posted by GeekWithA.45, in order to be a member

At minimum, you should assert that you view your blog as a sacred expression of your first amendment protected right of free speech, and that you will continue posting whatever the hell you want.
Well, I think my comments on this post made that pretty clear, but just to make it fully explicit: yes I intend to post whatever I think regardless of whether or not it crosses the line of the McCain-Feingold regulations or any similar laws passed in the future. I don't tend to advocate particular candidates and my low velocity of posting and miniscule readership are not likely to bring me to the attention of the Feds. But I am fully committed to solidarity with anyone who runs afoul of this illiberal and unconstitutional piece of... legislation. That includes verbal and written defense, financial support and any thing else that seems likely to be effective.

No comments: