Saturday, October 16, 2004

More on Bush the Liberal

Paul Mulshine of the New Jersey Star Ledger explains why he is voting for this clown:

Recently, I spoke to an audience of college kids. The subject was our president. For 20 minutes or so, I gave them my assessment of George W. Bush, that he is a spoiled rich kid who wasted his youth partying with his frat-boy buddies and then woke up one morning and decided to become president. I pointed out that his domestic policy has been disastrous and his foreign policy idiotic.

We came to the question-and- answer session. "So who are you voting for?" one of the students asked.

"Why, George Bush, of course."

The kids were amazed. I was amazed they were amazed. All of my criticisms of Bush were from the right. I believe in small government; Bush believes in big government. John Kerry believes in even bigger government. Ergo, I will vote for Bush.

He goes a bit farther than I would in his criticism (I don't think Bush is either a hayseed or a religious bigot) but the general point that he is at best a moderate is quite accurate. And has been since at least the 2000 primary, as I've already noted.

(Via: The Corner)

No comments: